Article appearing December 19, 2007.
A few things you didn't know about hair replacement:
- Contrary to what the TV commercials say, guys with hair replacements don't want to look super-sexy. "They want to look normal," says Graci. "They don't want it to be noticed.
- A good replacement can be washed and styled just like your own hair. But it'll wear out eventually. "It's made from real hair," he says. "But this hair doesn't keep growing."
- To fit a client he takes a mould of their bald patch. When the hairpiece arrives, it's as long as an old-time Beatles wig. "I put it on them and cut and style it to suit them, just as you'd give someone a haircut."
- Some clients have moved to other countries. But they still get their replacements from Graci. "I keep their mould and then I have a fake head that I can do the styling on. My hair goes all over the world."
- Much of the hair used in hairpieces comes from India. Not from Keith Miller's floor.
- The worst thing a hair-replacement specialist can do? "Give a client a new hairpiece that's different enough from the old one that people say, "Did you do something with your hair?" Chances are that next time he'll go to someone else.
- The nicest thing you can say to someone you notice has had a hair replacement? "Nothing at all," says Graci.
- by Bill Taylor
Personal Touch â€“ Hair Loss Success StoriesIf You Are From Out of town we will teach you how to look after your hair system. You do not need to come in for service! At Gentaire clients will be more than clients, they are Extended Family Members! Our hair loss solutions are customized to meet your needs.
|Gentaire Hair Ltd. Â©2013.||site by My One Solution||Home | Contact us|